Monday, December 2, 2013

The Snow Queen

Let it go, let it go, can't hold it back anymore.
Let it go, let it go, turn my back and slam the door.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a footprint to be seen.
A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I'm the Queen.
The wind is howling like this swirling wind inside,
Couldn't keep it in - Heaven knows I try.
Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always had to be.
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know - well now they know -

Let it go, let it go, can't hold it back any more.
Let it go, let it go, turn my back and slam the door.
And here I stand, and here I'll stay.
Let it go, let it go - the cold never bothered me anyway.

Years slipped by without a word of caution and I started to realise how blessed it is to actually be close to home. Close to your root where you were raised and trained to be the person you are today. One day I'll find someone who can remind me about that part of myself.

Years also went by with a few heartaches. I now realise your personal value is only decided by the way you value yourself. Don't put it in the hands of those who don't even see you for who you are, let alone appreciate you proportionately. You are the Queen.

I am the Queen.

I hope to be able to stand up for people weaker than I am. I hope I'll always be doing that, and never forget to do that. At the same time, only I shall decide what makes me happy and what not.


The cold never bothered me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment